Muslim English Literature
I. FOCUS and SCOPE
Muslim English Literature specializes in Southeast Muslim Literature in particular, and Muslim World Literature including US-Muslim and British-Muslim Literature in general, and is intended to communicate original research and current issues on the subject. This journal warmly welcomes contributions from scholars of related disciplines, including Linguistics and Cultural Studies.
II. HOW TO SUBMIT MANUSCRIPT
The manuscript is submitted online on our Open Journal System at http://journal.uinjkt.ac.id/index.php/mel. Click register, then follow five steps of a new submission. In case of difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
When submitting a manuscript, the corresponding author must confirm that:
- All registered authors have read and approved the submitted material.
- The text and findings reported therein are entirely the work of the author and are acknowledged.
- The submitted manuscripts or the data contained therein have never been published or accepted for publication anywhere journals and are not being considered for publication elsewhere. Please complete and sign the Journal Publishing Agreement Form
Manuscripts can be rejected if the writing is not following the focus and scope of Muslim English Literature. The rejection will be informed by OJS message/email.
III. FILE FORMAT, ORGANIZATION, AND STYLE OF MANUSCRIPT
- The article is research findings, conceptual idea, science development in a certain field, and theory application study.
- The manuscript was typed with Microsoft Word,
- Type the body paragraph of the manuscript with the font Times New Roman, single-spaced (spacing 1) on A4 size paper with a margin of 3.5 cm from the left edge and 3 cm from the right, top, and bottom edges.
- It is written in 6000 to 7000 words (exclude Reference), or within maximum of 20 pages (include References)
- The article contains the title; writer’s name, author affiliation (department, faculty, university / or institution), and Author’s corresponding email.
- The article should use MLA style 8th edition and are expected to use reference managers such as Mendeley, Zotero, and those kinds of things.
- The manuscript must be free from plagiarism. Self-Check must be done before the submission. It should be under 20% unique.
- Articles should be cover Title, Abstract, Keyword, Introduction, Method, Result and Discussion, Conclusion, and References.
- Title of Article (14pt, bold, centered)
a. The Title should be brief and not exceed 15 words.
b. The organization shown below should be followed (in the order given) :
1) Author name(s) (12 pt, centered)
2) Author affiliation(s) (12 pt, centered)
3) Author email addresses * use affiliation or institutional email (12 pt, centered)
- Abstract (12pt, Italic, Bold)
The abstract is written in italic English or Arabic with a maximum of 250 words. The abstract should be a single paragraph that briefly describes the purpose of the study, method(s), results and discussion, conclusion, and significance of the study. The abstract is clearly described as the core of the study. (12pt, Italic)
- Keyword (12pt, Italic, Bold)
Immediately after the abstract, provide a maximum of 3 to 5 keywords (words or phrases) chosen to reflect the concept of the article and to help access searches on the Internet. The keyword should be written in alphabetical order. (12pt, Italic)
- Introduction (12pt, Bold)
The introduction is written between 900 – 100 words. This part provides the background of the study and provides significance of the study. A brief description of the theory used in this research should be explained in this section. It is containing the previous research to show the gap analysis and the author’s position in this study. It must also give state of art and it must point out the research questions. In this part, the author(s) should use references (quotations) to support the argumentation. (12 pt)
This is written between 600 – 700 words. In this section, the author(s) has to mention the method and the approach used in this study. It should explain the details of research procedures; design of the study; data collection; and data analysis. (12 pt)
- Results and Discussions (12pt, Bold)
Contains about 4200 – 4900 words. This section shows the results of the study and deep analysis or discussion which answer the research questions. Also, the author(s) must discuss the findings by strengthening the reason with supporting details taken from any references such as scientific journals, book, and other reliable sources. (12 pt)
It contains about 300 – 350 words, the concluding paragraph and provides the implication, limitations, and suggestions for further study. (12 pt)
The References must consist of all sources cited in the article. All the sources should be under 10 years from their publication unless historical study. Sixty percent (60%) of the references should be taken from the journal article. (12 pt)
Follow the styles shown in the examples below for the journal article, specific chapters in books, and books, respectively:
Achilov, D., & Sen, S. (2017). Got political Islam? Are politically moderate Muslims really different from radicals? International Political Science Review, 38(5), 608–624. https://doi.org/10.1177/0192512116641940
Sardar, Z., Serra, J., & Jordan, S. (2019). Muslim Societies in Postnormal Times: Foresights for Trends, Emerging Issues and Scenarios. International Institute of Islamic Thought. https://doi.org/10.2307/j.ctv10kmcpb
Winter, C. (2020). Making Sense of Jihadi Stratcom. 13(1), 10.
Tables and figures in the article are numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, so on) and written with the caption and source of the figure and table. The table captions are written above the table (12pt, Bold, Centered), while the figure captions below the figure (12pt, Bold, Centered)
IV. MANUSCRIPT CHECKLIST
Make sure that you follow this checking list during the final checking of your manuscript before submitting the article. Ensure that the following items are present:
- One author was designed as the corresponding author.
- Telephone and email address of the corresponding author
- Words, pages, and line numbers are following the guide given
- References are in the correct format for this journal.
- All references mentioned in References are cited in the text and vice versa.
V. EDITORIAL REVIEW AND REVISION
The manuscript that is accepted will be double-blind peer-reviewed. All reviewers are selected for their competence in the subject of the Paper. A paper may be accepted in its original form or subject to revision. The reviewers' (and editor's) suggestions will be conveyed to the author, who will then have an opportunity to revise the paper.
After the review process, the manuscript may be returned to the author for revision. The deadline for returning revisions will be notified in the OJS message/email. The author (s) may revise and resend the manuscript after it is upgraded to the accepted format.
There is no publication fee
The article will be published online. It available at http://journal.uinjkt.ac.id/index.php/
Thank you for choosing Muslim English Literature as a venue of your work.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Muslim English Literature and Faculty of Adab and Humanities of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta as the publisher of the journal. Copyright encompasses rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms, and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations.
Muslim English Literature and Humanities and Faculty of Adab and Humanities of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta and the Editors make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in Muslim English Literature are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. The copyright form should be signed originally and sent to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document, or fax :
Hasnul Insani (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Muslim English Literature
Faculty of Adab & Humaniora of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah
Jl. Tarumanegara. Pisangan, Ciputat, Tangerang Selatan 15419 Indonesia