Focus and Scope
Jurnal Kimia VALENSI is a journal published by Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science and Technology, UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta. The journal aims to disseminate cutting-edge research in all areas of chemistry both theoretical and experimental studies. Jurnal Kimia VALENSI provides readers with original research articles and reviews.
We welcome articles coming from Indonesia and overseas, capturing the rapid development of chemistry, including:
- Theoretical and computation chemistry
- Environmental chemistry
- Material, composite dan polymer chemistry
- Organic synthesis and natural product chemistry
- Food and medical chemistry
- Analytical chemistry
The author is solely responsible for the content of published articles and understood that submitted work is based on original results which has not been published previously. All accepted articles are reviewed by a team of experts.
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Jurnal Valensi Volume 3//No.2//November 2013
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Jurnal Valensi Vol. 4// No. 2// November 2014
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
Jurnal Kimia VALENSI is a biannual journal published since 2015. All submitted work should be written in English. The manuscripts use double-blind review and will be evaluated by at least two experts. When a new submission is received, a journal editor will examine the manuscript and determine its appropriateness for the peer-review process. Articles that meet initial screening will be send out to the reviewers. When this occurs, the authors must revise manuscript and return to the journal editor at the date given. The journal’s editorial board will then consider the peer reviewers’ reports and assemble the final decision to accept or reject the manuscript for publication.
The journal is published twice a year on May and November
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal is open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or / institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to full text articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or author. This is in accordance with Budapest Open Access Initiative
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Section A: Publication and authorship
- All submitted papers will be subjected to peer-review process by at least two external reviewers whose experts in a particular field.
- The manuscript undergoes a double-blind peer review process.
- The manuscript is evaluated based upon its relevance, soundness, significance, originality, readability and language.
- The editors will make a decision based on the referee’s reports with several possibilities including accept with or without revisions, or decline publication.
- The authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit the manuscript. This revised manuscript does not guarantee acceptance.
- Rejected articles will not be re-reviewed.
- The paper acceptance is constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- The research cannot be included in more than one publication.
Section B: Authors’ responsibilities
- Authors must certify that their manuscripts are their original work.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript has not been published previously.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Authors must participate in the peer review process.
- Authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
- All authors mentioned in the paper must have significant contribution to the research.
- Authors must state that all data in the paper are real and authentic.
- Authors must notify the Editors of any conflicts of interest.
- Authors must identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscript.
- Authors must report to the Editors if any errors discovered in their published paper.
Section C: Reviewers’ responsibilities
- Reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential and treat them as privileged information.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively, with no personal criticism to the author.
- Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
- Reviewers should also call to the Editor in Chief’s attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Section D: Editors’ responsibilities
- Editors have complete responsibility and authority to accept or reject the article.
- Editors should always consider the needs of the authors and the readers when improving the publication.
- Editors should guarantee the quality of the papers and the integrity of the academic record.
- Editors should publish errata sheets or make corrections when needed.
- Editors should have a clear picture of a research’s funding sources.
- Editors should make the decisions solely on the papers’ importance, originality, clarity and relevance to publication’s scope.
- Editors should not reverse their decisions nor overturn the ones of previous editors without sensible reason.
- Editors should preserve the anonymity of reviewers.
- Editors should ensure that all research material they publish conforms to internationally accepted ethical guidelines.
- Editors should only accept a paper when reasonably certain.
- Editors should act if they suspect misconduct, whether a paper is published or unpublished, and make all reasonable attempts to persist in obtaining a resolution to the problem.
- Editors should not reject papers based on suspicions, they should have proof of misconduct.
- Editors should not allow any conflicts of interest between staff, authors, reviewers and board members.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (USD)
Authors are NOT required to pay an Article Submission Fee.
Article processing charges (APCs) / Article Publication Fee: 100.00 (USD)
The journal charges publication fee (100.00 USD or 1.500.000 IDR) for supporting open access dissemination of research results, handling and editing the submitted manuscripts, and managing the journal management.
The authors or the author's institution is requested to pay a publication fee for each article accepted.
Jurnal Kimia Valensi of Universitas Islam Negeri Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta recognizes that plagiarism is not acceptable for all authors. Therefore, we establish the following policy stating specific actions (penalties) when plagiarism is identified by Jurnal Kimia Valensi. We use anti-plagiarism software detection (turnitin.com) to check the article submitted.
The articles published in Jurnal Kimia Valensi will be considered to retract in the publication if:
1. They have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabrication) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error)
2. The findings have been published previously elsewhere without proper crossreferencing, permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication)
3. It constitutes plagiarism
4. It reports unethical research
The mechanism of retraction follow the Retraction Guidelines of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which can be accessed at https://publicationethics.org/files/retraction%20guidelines.pdf