Insaniyat : Journal of Islam and Humanities
I. FOCUS and SCOPE
Insaniyat : Journal of Islam and Humanities is a scholarly journal published by the Faculty of Adab and Humanities, Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta, Indonesia. It is a medium for scholarly discussion, description, and surveys concerning Islamic studies, literature, linguistics, culture, religion, art, archaeology, history, philosophy, library and information studies, and interdisciplinary studies. The journal is published twice a year (May and November).
II. HOW TO SUBMIT MANUSCRIPT
The manuscript is submitted online on our Open Journal System at http://journal.uinjkt.ac.id/index.php/insaniyat. Click register, then follow five steps of a new submission. In case of difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
When submitting a manuscript, the corresponding author must confirm that:
- All registered authors have read and approved the submitted material.
- The text and findings reported therein are entirely the work of the author and are acknowledged.
- The submitted manuscripts or the data contained therein have never been published or accepted for publication anywhere journals and not being considered for publication elsewhere. Please complete and sign the Journal Publishing Agreement Form
- The article is research findings, conceptual idea, science development on a certain field, and theory application study.
- The manuscript typed with Microsoft Word,
- Type the body paragraph of the manuscript with the font Times New Roman, single-spaced (spacing 1) on A4 size paper with a margin of 3.5 cm from the left edge and 3 cm from the right, top and bottom edges.
- It is written 6000 to 7000 words (exclude Reference), or within maximum 20 pages (include References)
- The article contains title; writer’s name, author affiliation (department, faculty, university / or institution), and Author’s corresponding email.
- The article should use APA style 6th edition and are expected to use reference managers such as Mendeley, Zotero, and those kinds of thing.
- The manuscript must free from plagiarism. Self-Check must be done before the submission. It should be under 20% of unique.
- Articles should be cover Title, Abstract (English or Arabic), Keyword Introduction, Method, Result and Discussion, Conclusion, and References.
Title of Article (14pt, bold, centered)
a. The Title should be brief and not exceed 15 words.
b. The organization shown below should be followed (in the order given) :
1) Author name(s) (12 pt, centered)
2) Author affiliation(s) (12 pt, centered)
3) Author email addresses * use afiliation or institusional email (12 pt, centered)
Abstract (12pt, Italic, Bold)
The abstract is written in italic English or Arabic with a maximum of 250 words. The abstract should be a single paragraph that briefly describes the purpose of the study, method(s), results and discussion, conclusion and significance of the study. The abstract is clearly described as the core of the study. (12pt, Italic)
Keyword (12pt, Italic, Bold)
Immediately after the abstract, provide a maximum of 3 to 5 keywords (words or phrase) chosen to reflect the concept of the article and to help access to searches on the Internet. The keyword should be written in alphabetical order. (12pt, Italic)
Introduction (12pt, Bold)
The introduction is written between 900 – 100 words. This part provides the background of the study and provides the significance of the study. A brief description of the theory used in this research should be explained in this section. It is containing the previous research to show the gap analysis and the author’s position in this study. It must also give state of the art and it must point out the research questions. In this part, the author(s) should use references (quotations) to support the argumentation. (12 pt)
Method (12pt, Bold)
This is written between 600 – 700 words. In this section, the author(s) has to mention the method and the approach used in this study. It should explain the details of research procedures; design of the study; data collection; and data analysis. (12 pt)
Results and Discussions (12pt, Bold)
Contains about 4200 – 4900 words. This section shows the results of the study and deep analysis or discussion which answer the research questions. Also, the author(s) must discuss the findings by strengthening the reason with supporting details taken from any references such as scientific journal, book, and other reliable sources. (12 pt)
Conclusion (12pt, Bold)
It contains about 300 – 350 word, concluding paragraph and provides the implication, limitation, and suggestion for further study. (12 pt)
Reference (12pt, Bold)
The References must consist of all sources cited in the article. All the sources should be under 10 years from its publication unless historical study. Sixty per cent (60%) of the references should be taken from the journal article. (12 pt)
Follow the styles shown in the examples below for the journal article, specific chapters in books, and books, respectively:
Achilov, D., & Sen, S. (2017). Got political Islam? Are politically moderate Muslims really different from radicals? International Political Science Review, 38(5), 608–624. https://doi.org/10.1177/0192512116641940
Sardar, Z., Serra, J., & Jordan, S. (2019). Muslim Societies in Postnormal Times: Foresights for Trends, Emerging Issues and Scenarios. International Institute of Islamic Thought. https://doi.org/10.2307/j.ctv10kmcpb
Winter, C. (2020). Making Sense of Jihadi Stratcom. 13(1), 10.
Tables and Figure
Tables and figures in the article are numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, so on) and written with caption and source of the figure and table. The table captions are written above the table (12pt, Bold, Centered), while the figure captions below the figure (12pt, Bold, Centered)
Arabic Romanization should be written as follow:
Letters: ’, b, t, th, j, h, kh, d, dh, r, z, s, sh, s,d, t,z, ‘, gh, f, q, l, m, n, h, w, y. Short vowels: a, i, u. long vowels: ā, ī, ū. Diphthongs: aw, ay. Tā marbūtā: t. Article: al-.
For detail information on Arabic Romanization, please refer to the transliteration system of the Library of Congress (LC) Guidelines.
Make sure that you follow this checking list during the final checking of your manuscript before submitting the article. Ensure that the following items are present:
- One author designed as the corresponding author.
- Telephone and email address of the corresponding author
- Words, pages and line number are following the guide given
- References are in the correct format for this journal.
- All references mentioned in References are cited in the text and vice versa.
The manuscript that accepted, will be single or double-blind peer-reviewed. All reviewers are selected for their competence in the subject of the Paper. A paper may be accepted in its original form or subject to revision. The reviewers' (and editor's) suggestions will be conveyed to the author, who will then have an opportunity to revise the paper.
After the review process, the manuscript may be returned to the author for revision. The deadline for returning revisions will be notified in the OJS message/email. Author(s) may revise and resend the manuscript after it is upgraded in the accepted format.
There is no publication fee
The article will be published online. It available at http://journal.uinjkt.ac.id/index.php/insaniyat
Thank you for choosing Insaniyat : Journal of Islam and Humanities as a venue of your work.