It is a scholarly journal published by the Faculty of Adab and Humanities, Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta, Indonesia. It is a medium for scholarly discussion, description, and surveys concerning Islamic studies, literature, linguistics, culture, religion, art, archaeology, history, philosophy, library and information studies, and interdisciplinary studies. The journal is published twice a year (May and November).
1. It has not been published elsewhere.
2. The paper is research findings, conceptual idea, science development on a certain field, and theory application study.
3. The Manuscript typed with Microsoft Word, Font Times New Roman size 12, spacing 1 on A4 size paper with a margin of 3.5 cm from the left edge, 3 cm from the right edge, 3 cm from the top and bottom edges. The length of 15-20 manuscript pages including a list of references. Writer (s) must follow the journal template that can be downloaded at Insaniyat Open Journal System http://journal.uinjkt.ac.id/index.php/insaniyat
4. The article should be written in Arabic or English.
5. Article contains title; writer’s name, author affiliation (department, faculty, university / or institution), and Author’s corresponding email.
6. Abstract is written in italic English or Arabic with a maximum of 250 words. It should briefly describe the purpose of the study, method(s), results and discussion, conclusion and significance of the study. The abstract is clearly described the core of the study. The author should provide keywords consist of 3 to 5 important words or phrase chosen to reflect the concept of the article and to help access to searches on the Internet
7. The article consists of Introduction, Method, Result and Discussion, Conclusion, and References.
This part pervades the background of the study and provides the significance of the study. A brief description of the theory used in this research should be explained in this section. It is containing the previous research to show the gap analysis and the author’s position in this study. It must also give state of the art and it must point out the research questions. In this part, the author(s) should use references (quotations) to support the argumentation. For instance: Rosida (2015). It should use APA style sixth edition and are expected to use reference manager such as Mendeley, Zotero, and those kinds of thing.
In this section, the author(s) has to mention the method and the approach used in this study. It should explain the details of research procedures; design of the study; data collection; and data analysis.
Results and Discussions
This section shows the results of the study and deep analysis or discussion which answer the research questions. In addition, the author (s) must discuss the findings by strengthening the reason with supporting details taken from any references such as scientific journal, book, and the other reliable sources.
It contains the concluding paragraph and provides the implication, limitation, and suggestion for further study.
The References must consist of all sources cited in the article. All the sources should be under 10 years from its publication unless historical study. Sixty percent (60%) of the references should be taken from journal. Citation and reference must follow APA style (American Psychological Association) sixth edition and using reference manager software (Mendeley or Zotero).
8. Tables and figures in the article are numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, so on) and written with caption and source of the figure and table. The table captions are written above the table, while the figure captions below the figure.
9. The manuscript must free from plagiarism. Self-Check must be done before the submission. It should be under 20% of unique.
10. Manuscript is submitted online on our open Journal System at http://journal.uinjkt.ac.id/index.php/insaniyat. Click register, then follow five steps of a new submission. Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com for assistance.
11. Article which does not comply with the journal writing guidelines will be returned to the writer(s) for reformatting. Writer(s) may revise and resend the article after the article is upgraded in the accepted format.
12. The article will be single or double blind peer-reviewed.
13. Writer (s) whose article either needs to be revised or is rejected will be informed by email.
14. There is no publication fee.
15. Online publication is available at http://journal.uinjkt.ac.id/index.php/insaniyat
16. Arabic Romanization should be written as follow:
Letters: ’, b, t, th, j, h, kh, d, dh, r, z, s, sh, s,d, t,z, ‘, gh, f, q, l, m, n, h, w, y. Short vowels: a, i, u. long vowels: ā, ī, ū. Diphthongs: aw, ay. Tā marbūtā: t. Article: al-. For detail information on Arabic Romanization, please refer the transliteration system of the Library of Congress (LC) Guidelines.
Thank you for choosing Insaniyat:Journal of Islam and Humanities as a venue of your work.